Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Garmin anmeldelser fra medarbejdere

Jobtitel
Sted
Viser alle 264 anmeldelser
Job kultur
Garmin is a good company to work at. They really help you can make sure you grasp and understand what is going on. They give employees the time of day and allow them to learn at their own pace .
Job kultur
Management is not good and company benefit is not good either
Job kultur
Garmin is a great company to work form. They treat their employees as humans and not machines and invest in their health and mental well being as well.
Job kultur
Handled incoming customer calls for support. Learned a great seal about fitness products. Very structured. The commute. Helping customers solve their issues.
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Job kultur
Most people are great to work with. There are some backwards and outdated views by those in senior positions. Relatively flexible on work time and time off but not with remote work.
Job kultur
Benefits are fantastic but unfortunately you can't pay for bills with them be nice if they would match the enthusiasm fir them to the pay scale. Great environment to work in though.
Job kultur
Wonderful company to work for. Excellent management and benefits! HQ in Kansas City is similar to Google. Exercise rooms, cafeteria, thinking zone... extra
Job kultur
Good culture, fair compensation, great 401k. Politics gets a bit annoying from time to time, but over all it's a good place to work. Good opportunities for growth.
Job kultur
My compensation as an intern was fantastic, and the building I worked in was very modern, comfortable, infinite coffee, etc. HR were very pleasant people. I shared an office essentially sitting back to back with my supervisor. It was a small box with no windows and those hellish fluorescent lights. I was given a task or two at a time, the location of the software repositories, and the necessary embedded devices to work on. Their C had no clear organization. No modularity. No consistent coding style. Virtually zero use of comments and no documentation. The "documentation" was asking my supervisor for some, to which the inevitable reply was something along the lines of "Oh so-and-so down the hall wrote that. Walk over and ask him about it." or better yet he'd recite some rat's nest of function calls and files to me as canon.
Over the top compensation
Technical debt
Job kultur
Was a great company to work for but no pay or raises. Over worked with amount of duties had to perform. Wanted to give me a promotion with no raise in pay.
Job kultur
Seems like they consider a great place to work part of the compensation. It is a young company that got really big, really fast. So the structure is very flat and there is little to no room for advancement.
Job kultur
An excellent company, great work life balance. However, the engineering team in cochrane is fairly disconnected from the Head office, and it seems few engineers in cochrane have a significant impact on why products are developed the way they are developed. A difficult place to work if you enjoy early stages of product design, but excellent if you prefer working on mature projects, or enjoy project management.
Job kultur
Unfortunately, the call center has been under bad management for sometime and employees are being treated like robots. Supervisors only want people who are C players. People who show up and do what they are told and don't try to do anything else. They have limited training opportunities to the Salem Call Center, leaving them high and dry for advancement opportunities.
Job kultur
This is a good place to work. The work environment is great and the people are friendly and the teams are more like family. The job has great benefits
Job kultur
I have seen several high level managers quit (some without another job to go to) due to being blamed for lack of producing when it is obvious they are under-resourced.
Job kultur
I joined Garmin quite a while ago now, and left recently. Most people will say yeh any jobs has its ups and downs, that's how the world of work is, but oh no, not Garmin UK. A ever growing list of products with known issues where you're told to say "nah its not a known issue but rest assured we're actively looking in to this", sometimes leaving customers for MONTHS with a device they paid hundreds of pounds for, which doesn't work properly! And, that's the easiest part of the job! The real kicker here folks is the people you're working for. Your Co workers, great, can have a laugh and chat when you're able. But oh god management. Team managers aren't bad, they do genuinely seem to care about ongoing issues and try to resolve them, but all of this is undone, one rung up the ladder, the lady in charge of the department. You better watch out! If she's had a bad day, and you need help with something, or need to bring something to her attention, she will scowl at you, she will judge you, and she will make you feel small. I can promise you now, if this lady was booted out of Garmin, and they hired someone who upheld the policies that garmin stands for (getting customers back to their passion) then this place would be great. Unfortunately she's been there a while, HR have her back, and will continue to do so. If you're lucky you'll escape in to another department from the wicked witch of product support.
Fordele
Some of the people you work with, free drinks, one hour lunch
Everything else
Job kultur
Working for Garmin was a great opportunity, I was always treated well, and the pay and benefits were good. It was nice to learn troubleshooting skills that I still use today. The coworkers were the BEST!!! Most of the management team were outstanding!
Job kultur
Amazing effort from top. Unfortunately HR is poison. Couldn't stand the suck up culture and pressure to conform. Just wasn't for me. Great opportunity for some of you can be a yes man.
Benefits, Training expectations reasonable
Ulemper
Pay could be better. Management. H.R.
Job kultur
I will preface this by saying I was in the PND department for my entire tenure at Garmin. From what I understand, the departments vary considerably from one to the next. The job is very safe to the point that it's even unlikely that you'll be promoted, let alone fired. The projects were basically the same thing over and over again ad nauseum. There's not a lot, if any, opportunity to learn new skills since, as I said, the projects are largely the same from one iteration to the next. This would be a great place if you're just looking for a decent paycheck and benefits.
Job kultur
The management in the warehouse is underwhelming. The supervisors know nothing of the departments they are over as well as the dont care to know what you do. The "coaching " is a joke.
Officielt svar fra Garmin
15 juli 2019
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further. Please contact me at sara.slocum@garmin.com.
Job kultur
Garmin is awful. Awful Pay at its finest. If you wanna make $13 an hour WITH a college degree this is the job for you. They also will overlook you for promotion. They would rather promote their friends oppose to people who actually have the experience.
Ulemper
Everything about Garmin is a con