Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Garmin anmeldelser fra medarbejdere

Jobtitel
Sted
Viser alle 264 anmeldelser
Job kultur
Garmin is a good company to work at. They really help you can make sure you grasp and understand what is going on. They give employees the time of day and allow them to learn at their own pace .
Job kultur
I enjoyed my 4 1/2 years at the company.I meet some Great people at the company. The benefits that are provided are good for example you great discount of all the product and a bonus was also provided for Christmas.
Fordele
Great discount of the products
Job kultur
Abosolustly loved working here! It is the reason I realized for certain that I want a job in bussiness. Such a chilled environment with amazing staff!
Fordele
Canteen is great! And staff are the nicest! Such a chilled back environment
So far there isn’t any
Job kultur
A leading company for many products. Management lacks long term strategy in certain divisions. My division's focus is on 3rd party audit preparation and maintaining industry certifications. Customers come last. Especially during the production phase. You are on your own to make things happen like a superhero. Being a superhero is expected behavior and warrants an average rating during the annual review. Building your career is also a solo endeavor. Many work experiences are hard to translate to other companies in the same assignment. Good for 1-5 years of experience out of college then move on.
Benefits, Promotes healthy life style, Beer at company events
Ulemper
Inexperienced Managers, Ineffective business strategy, Can't maintain long term customer relationships
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Job kultur
You will not work with a friendlier, more talented group of people. The workplace is very relaxed, but maintains a sense of purpose and high-energy, if you can appreciate how those two go together. There are a lot of groups from pilots to cyclists, runners, etc. which lends itself to a very active, healthy workforce. It is also a very young workforce generally. Garmin only suffers as most employers do in that there are no goals set forth for advancement. Management is very detached and it is hard to tell what activities, if any, will lead to promotion or opportunity. The benefits compensate for the lower comparable wage. As a place to work, I have nothing but good things to say.
Job kultur
I supervised people on the software support and customer service teams. The employees were great, but the contact center manager was horrible. The customers were usually good to deal with.
Job kultur
Great place to have a job -- but for the for the most part, not a place to evolve a career. Several made the transition from intern to FT, but probably because they do not know better. The pay is below market, benefits are above market. But room to grow is 0 if you are at a mid or senior level. Lean structure which is good and bad, as it limits the advancement of good people wanting to move into other positions. Advertise internally that leaders are needed, but it is a bit bogus when there are no new leadership positions open. A good "job" to clock and learn early in you work-life, hard to picture it as a long term career of more that 5 years. Several senior engineers say that they stay there because they are satisfied with what they get....good for them.
Job kultur
One of the best companies I’ve worked for. Plenty of room for advancement, but competition is high. Group functions with free food, and give away Garmin products. Management could be a little more involved, but I appreciated the hands off trust. Pay based on Olathe KS headquarters, not conducive with cost of living in Salem OR. Overall, great experience, and I enjoyed my time there.
Group functions, liberal management
Pay based on Olathe, KS, not enough for Salem, OR
Job kultur
I worked there 7yrs+ pay increase 1-2% maybe if you didn’t get screwed out of 2yrs worth for the same issue. No recognition for those that don’t abuse the FMLA process.
Good Insurance and 401k
Horrible Pay
Job kultur
in een agressieve markt je hoofd boven water houden en liever nog op het droge terechtkomen. Dit bedrijf doet dat met veel energie en motivatie. Work hard Play hard.
gezellige informele sfeer
Job kultur
Great place to develop my skill set. Everyone was open and ready to help me whenever I needed it. I hope to work there again someday. The culture was great for a guys like me.
Job kultur
Garmin Europe -product support- is the worst work place i have ever experienced. With its social clique of managers that pick their new friends to rise the wage ladder, the unapproachable and ignorant product support manager. the awful products pushed out and the revolving door of replacement agents for the last batch of walkouts. The role is high pressure, incoming calls and emails from customers with broken devices that cost them hundreds of pounds with known issues, no known fixes and a string of excuses isn't helped by your team manager constantly cracking a whip shouting "Work Harder!" while simultaneously talking to their friends which they have placed all around them while writing poetry and avoiding any work themselves ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fordele
free coffee (though its awful, but you'll need it!)
Everything else
Job kultur
It was an enjoyable place to work. Had great co-workers and great benefits. Was challenging but fun. The hardest part was keeping up with customer orders. There were so many products, it created variety in what you would do.
Job kultur
Work at Garmin is regularly challenging and rewarding. Management is supportive and getting to contribute to developing products that are used by consumers is rewarding.
Job kultur
A leading company in its field. management was poor and had their own click. Looked down upon lower level managers. too many consultants brought in to shake things up.
maps
management
Job kultur
una empresa muy tranquila para trabajar, las condiciones de trabajo y prestaciones son buenas
Job kultur
Garmin gets good reviews as far as a company to work for, and it is good. I just hoped for a better workplace culture. There isn't much team unity, comradery, loyalty, or social aspect. Basically, everyone is there just to punch a time clock. At least in my department, documentation, and sometimes design, is nonexistent, which leads to massive amounts of wasted time. If people aren't forced to do something, they won't. The culture is "push hard and get it done", which ultimately leads to having to redo things and than there is no clear design or documentation for the next guy. The amount of wasted time due to disorganization is amazing.
Fordele
Company benefits, work/life balance.
Ulemper
Disorganized and lacks a culture where people care to improve the situation.
Job kultur
I have never worked in such an awful place. There are so many things wrong with this company that it's hard to list them all. I won't go into detials about my role as I fear this will get me into trouble but I was in the product support area which is essentially the area where you fob customers off with troubleshooting that doesn't really work! Most devices need replacing but instead they prolong the service so that they don't have to replace. Management is the worse I have seen. A lady who runs the department still thinks it's appropriate to talk to people with very little respect and make you feel very uncomfortable! Yeh this job isn't for everyone as you are essentially being shouted at all day everyday by customers. This is one of the reasons that it should be a fun place to work rather than people point scoring or sucking up! I used to worry about going in, what was going to be said, how I was going to be made to feel! That's not right. This company does all the wrong things! Doesn't pay sickness, doesn't awknowledge when someone is depressed or has perosnal issues, no wellbeing, no vulnerable customers proceed and the office hasn't been refurbed since the office was bought! If you want a job for a few months then go for it, anything more and your either nuts or desperate! Good luck!
Good people!
Management, office, communication
Job kultur
The job is stressfull by answering phone calls and emails at the same time. Worked 3 years with no pay increase except cost of living. Benefit package was very good.
Working enviroment was clean
Ulemper
Always cold and no pay increase
Job kultur
Garmin distribution is a decent starter job or someone looking to add a few years before retirement but if your looking for advancement a degree is all that will ensure your chances. There is discrimination there however depending on how you look or dress depends on if the management takes a liking to you instead of basing it off of your work ethic. I’ve witnessed a lot of good people not get selected for advancements due to the management selecting less qualified canidates due to personal preferences .
Clean environment
Bad leadership no advancement
Job kultur
I've been working there as product support technician, but when I've fainted one and only time and I've tried to give SSP form it was not accepted. I've been doing good statistics but my sickness has disclassified my from the role.
  1. Medarbejderanmeldelser