Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Garmin anmeldelser fra medarbejdere i Southampton

Jobtitel
Sted
Der blev fundet 19 anmeldelser, der svarer til søgningen
Se alle 264 anmeldelser
Job kultur
Really great company to work for and people there are great. This is a fast paced work enviroment with constant change. If you enjoy a good challenge this is the job for you.
Job kultur
The work I did in facilities was a mix of easy, interesting and demeaning. They're understanding when family life gets in the way. Good benefits too. Downside is Management allow no input from you..its their way only. Their skin is all that matters. They do not back you up in work related issues. Rank and file employees are good to work with.
Job kultur
People are amazing there, very understanding and caring. Very laid back and friendly work environment. Food there is great too. Only worked there for a short while but loved is so much
Job kultur
This is a call centre, that means you are at your desk for your shift, listening to people complain, if you cant manage that then this is not for you. Overall the pay is ok and the benefits are good, however the management expect alot from call agents and drive you to achivee this.
good benefits
poor management
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Job kultur
When you first start your training at Garmin, everything seems great. A one hour lunch, 9 to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, no weekends, You're told of all the benefits that come with the job. Your colleagues in Product Support are friendly and approachable, and you're given time to learn the products you'll be supporting for customers. But all of this is a charade, hiding deep structural issues you'll soon be on the receiving end of. Team morale in this company is shockingly low. The disconnect between the management and the lower staff are worlds apart. Management actually engages with office gossip about other members of staff, there is a culture of intimidation, fear and bullying at the very top of Product Support. If you can't hold your own in the face of this environment, they will walk all over you. In the time that I was at Garmin, I saw other much younger colleagues who weren't as confident in themselves, get treated like a doormat. I heard some pretty vicious rumours being spoken openly in the breakout room about a particular member of staff for months. The worst part about this is, even the HR team are in on this and they don't care. They're friends who've known each other for years and they don't care about the optics its gives out when the HR manager is at the watercooler with the Product Support head giggling like a pair of schoolgirls and talking about others. Hardly gives you an assurance if you are to make any formal complaint. And that is what I recommend you don't do. If you have to do this job for the money, keep your head down and don't raise a complaint - mere...
Job kultur
Abosolustly loved working here! It is the reason I realized for certain that I want a job in bussiness. Such a chilled environment with amazing staff!
Fordele
Canteen is great! And staff are the nicest! Such a chilled back environment
So far there isn’t any
Job kultur
Garmin Europe -product support- is the worst work place i have ever experienced. With its social clique of managers that pick their new friends to rise the wage ladder, the unapproachable and ignorant product support manager. the awful products pushed out and the revolving door of replacement agents for the last batch of walkouts. The role is high pressure, incoming calls and emails from customers with broken devices that cost them hundreds of pounds with known issues, no known fixes and a string of excuses isn't helped by your team manager constantly cracking a whip shouting "Work Harder!" while simultaneously talking to their friends which they have placed all around them while writing poetry and avoiding any work themselves ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fordele
free coffee (though its awful, but you'll need it!)
Everything else
Job kultur
I've been working there as product support technician, but when I've fainted one and only time and I've tried to give SSP form it was not accepted. I've been doing good statistics but my sickness has disclassified my from the role.
Job kultur
I worked as a customer advisor, taking inbound calls and responding to emails before being promoted to a position equal to manager's assistant. Dealing with customers was the easiest part of the job even when you factor in the escalations and PC-illiterate folks. Staying on top of all the new products was more challenging, while the worst experience was provided by the HR, who were constantly trying to cut you down. The people you work with are also a problem, especially when the mistakes they make become a liability for everyone who has to clean up after them. Overall I would recommend as a good place to climb up the ranks quickly but get out before it poisons you.
Fordele
opportunity to loan great tech
micromanagement, everpresent negativity
Job kultur
Garmin is a terrible place to work, the respect they have for they're employees is a disgrace. Because of the lack of respect they have for they're employees causes a big turn around in staff. People often leave because of the way they are treated or eventually get sacked because they simply don't like you, usually this is because some people actually stand up for themselves and they're basic human rights (they don't let you go to the toilet, you will go as and when they want you to, not when you need to). I wouldn't recommend Garmin to anyone, though If i where to suggest anything I would say that if you are offered a job there then go the 3 weeks classroom training (the trainers are nice and its an easy to just sit there and do nothing). once you've done the 3 weeks training just leave, get paid 3 weeks for doing nothing.
pay is decent
everything else.
Job kultur
Garmin in the UK is awful. Their customer service if you can call it that is appalling. You are trained not to talk through the customers problem but to send emails with instructions. Garmin products are not cheap and I expected better more professional people. Apparently in the states is a different story as this is were the company is from. I think Garmin products are great but Garmin UK is dreadful and you can tell by the trainers that they do not spend much money on getting good people actually I think they were from the council. Which shows how low Garmin are prepared to go to cut costs. The place is ok if you have no experience and want to be around non professional people but want to gain some customer service experience but please do not think this is the standard to attain.
Ulemper
its a let down for garmin
Job kultur
fun workplace to work, a lot of friends and funny people. The management was perfect and the salary too. Good city and place to live.
all
nothing
Job kultur
The people I worked with were great, the work was rather long winded and at times due to the duplicated use of Spreadsheets. Enjoyed attending the boat shows, meeting with customers.
Interesting products
Poor systems
Job kultur
Het fascinerende van Garmin was de hoeveelheid skills/kennis die men opdoet per dag/week. We werken aan grote projecten in samenwerking met grote partners vanuit hetzelfde veld.
Job kultur
• Responding to requests for technical and administrative support via telephone, email, fax, letter and face to face • Responsible for department KPIs, ensuring all dealer contacts are responded to within our Service Level Agreement (98% for telephone contacts, 100% for email contacts within 24 hours) • Use of various CRMs including KANA • Administrative tasks including printing invoices, running order reports and monitoring refund requests • Gathering and analysing information regarding failure trends with Garmin devices and software, creating cases and informing the software and product development team • Provide the marketing department with support during the organisation and execution of shows
Job kultur
I would answer approximately 90 calls or more a day, offering technical support to customers who had purchased any of the automotive of range GPS devices (In car Satnavs) I would also respond to emails and book devices in for repair using the oracle system. Here I learned keyboard short keys and a lot about computers and GPS devices. There was a large team of people in my department and a few other large departments. However we all go on very well and even completed some challenges together outside of work for an example the Three Peaks Challenge and Race for life. We also attended shows together and socialised together. It was particularly important that we all got on because the job was so demanding and stressful at times this made communication vital. The hardest part of this job was that there was always something new to learn and it was extremely busy. However management always provided us with the training that we needed.
Fordele
good pay and benefits, great working environment, interesting and challenging
Job kultur
Working for Garmin was ok for a while un till you noticed how favortisim was applied by management if you wernt in the right group you were not included in conversations etc
as stated above
Job kultur
I would troubleshoot peoples problems with Garmin products aswell as just other advice for which products would be best for the customer needs. I learned how to work in a high pressure and professinal enviroment. Mangement in Garmin were fair and nice people that never took advantge of me.The hardest part for me atleast at working in Garmin was the volume of customers with simular troubles and quierys. The thing that I enjoyed most about Garmin was just how inviting and including the staff at Garmin was.
Job kultur
Small company office improves the chance to be exposed to multiple factors of accounting
Fordele
on site cafe, weekends off
no overtime avalible