Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Garmin anmeldelser fra medarbejdere i Olathe, KS

Jobtitel
Sted
Der blev fundet 134 anmeldelser, der svarer til søgningen
Se alle 264 anmeldelser
Job kultur
my days are rarely the same, something different or new all the time. There is always more to do than time to get it done. Focus on healthy living, work life balance
Job kultur
pay can be bettergood coworkers, good managementgood benefits, holiday off, vacation time,best part is job isn't too bad to do. its pretty easy once you learn how to do it.
Job kultur
If you're an Engineer, this is the place for you. Unfortunately I'm not an engineer. There is very little growth opportunity without and engineering degree. The pay is extremely low for the area. There is a fairly robust benefits package but unfortunately I cannot pay my mortgage and bills with them.
Fordele
Vacation, hours, overall work/life balance
Very low pay
Job kultur
Laid back work place with casual dress code. Great benefits and good money. The supervisors are easy to work and will work for shift deviations of something comes up and you need time off.
Fordele
free lunch from time to time
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Job kultur
So basically day one you set through an orientation and take a tour of the building you won’t ever go to this orientation is directly directed towards the employees at what I like to call the White House or Building 3 they feed you and tell you about yoga, ping pong tournaments, the great cafeteria, volleyball, the gym, taking walks, the importance of being able to relax and Gary and Mings vision of a happy work environment. Smoke and mirrors is all they’re telling you if you’re a warehouse employee it’s two completely different worlds and you’re an absolute number in the warehouse or building 5 and you learn that quickly. Typically it’s very easy money though I will say I’ve never seen more of a failure in a system than their warehouse so a lot of milk time so bring your cookies but they’re starting to veer towards an Amazon warehouse environment and regime. But the difference is the people who run the warehouse appear to be a little to small for their britches and aren’t built for management especially after the money they hemorrhaged in 2019 with unnecessary overtime that pushed them way beyond their budget but building 3 is out of sight so they assume everything is necessary which is really not absolutely no more production was made with their large amounts of overtime than if everybody would’ve been sent home on time. Also everything sounds great like they care about their employees which they care about the big boy building employees but theirs a lot of fine print that you learn that makes you realize you’re a number in the warehouse unlike what they promote your worth - mere...
Job kultur
Pros: good benefits, good products, Below are strictly for ERP IT - good to start your career, good if you are in your final years of retirement and don't have any drive left for work, good if you have passion for something else besides the work, you will get lots of time to follow your personal life goals, salary is not great but average based on the market If you are below mediocre at analytical skills and the ERP knowledge; just want to come at 9 and leave at 4.30; do not have any passion for work, then this is the right Company and great team (ERP) for you. If you are a good analyst then they will keep you as an analyst for rest of your life, but if you are pathetic as an analyst then you will get promoted if you can JUST do the talking Cons: These cons are strictly for ERP IT- No growth opportunity for the deserving candidates, All the managers suck up to the management so if you have different opinion you will be shut down 80% of the ERP Managers don't know the ERP system so if you are good a good ERP Analyst then god bless you with your review and growth opportunities You don't need to know the ERP to grow in your career, you just need to be able to talk in descent English (still there are some managers who don't even speak proper English and suck at managing people which will also make you wonder what got them to that position) If you are the one who can troubleshoot and fix the issue quickly this is not the company for you If you don't know Oracle ERP but know how to create the SRs to fix the issue and make it SEV1 and provide visibility to the - mere...
Job kultur
Productive and fun place. Would recommend. I worked in the aviation department, but there are 5 departments depending on what your desire is. Most people where I worked where under 30 years old so needless to say there are a lot of young people here.
Job kultur
An ethical and hardworking company. For its size, it does a good job at making employees feel valued. Compensation is fair and allows room for growth.
Job kultur
Garmin is a great company to work form. They treat their employees as humans and not machines and invest in their health and mental well being as well.
Job kultur
Benefits are fantastic but unfortunately you can't pay for bills with them be nice if they would match the enthusiasm fir them to the pay scale. Great environment to work in though.
Job kultur
My compensation as an intern was fantastic, and the building I worked in was very modern, comfortable, infinite coffee, etc. HR were very pleasant people. I shared an office essentially sitting back to back with my supervisor. It was a small box with no windows and those hellish fluorescent lights. I was given a task or two at a time, the location of the software repositories, and the necessary embedded devices to work on. Their C had no clear organization. No modularity. No consistent coding style. Virtually zero use of comments and no documentation. The "documentation" was asking my supervisor for some, to which the inevitable reply was something along the lines of "Oh so-and-so down the hall wrote that. Walk over and ask him about it." or better yet he'd recite some rat's nest of function calls and files to me as canon.
Over the top compensation
Technical debt
Job kultur
Seems like they consider a great place to work part of the compensation. It is a young company that got really big, really fast. So the structure is very flat and there is little to no room for advancement.
Job kultur
This is a good place to work. The work environment is great and the people are friendly and the teams are more like family. The job has great benefits
Job kultur
I have seen several high level managers quit (some without another job to go to) due to being blamed for lack of producing when it is obvious they are under-resourced.
Job kultur
Working for Garmin was a great opportunity, I was always treated well, and the pay and benefits were good. It was nice to learn troubleshooting skills that I still use today. The coworkers were the BEST!!! Most of the management team were outstanding!
Job kultur
Amazing effort from top. Unfortunately HR is poison. Couldn't stand the suck up culture and pressure to conform. Just wasn't for me. Great opportunity for some of you can be a yes man.
Benefits, Training expectations reasonable
Ulemper
Pay could be better. Management. H.R.
Job kultur
I will preface this by saying I was in the PND department for my entire tenure at Garmin. From what I understand, the departments vary considerably from one to the next. The job is very safe to the point that it's even unlikely that you'll be promoted, let alone fired. The projects were basically the same thing over and over again ad nauseum. There's not a lot, if any, opportunity to learn new skills since, as I said, the projects are largely the same from one iteration to the next. This would be a great place if you're just looking for a decent paycheck and benefits.
Job kultur
The management in the warehouse is underwhelming. The supervisors know nothing of the departments they are over as well as the dont care to know what you do. The "coaching " is a joke.
Officielt svar fra Garmin
15 juli 2019
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further. Please contact me at sara.slocum@garmin.com.
Job kultur
Garmin is awful. Awful Pay at its finest. If you wanna make $13 an hour WITH a college degree this is the job for you. They also will overlook you for promotion. They would rather promote their friends oppose to people who actually have the experience.
Ulemper
Everything about Garmin is a con
Job kultur
A leading company for many products. Management lacks long term strategy in certain divisions. My division's focus is on 3rd party audit preparation and maintaining industry certifications. Customers come last. Especially during the production phase. You are on your own to make things happen like a superhero. Being a superhero is expected behavior and warrants an average rating during the annual review. Building your career is also a solo endeavor. Many work experiences are hard to translate to other companies in the same assignment. Good for 1-5 years of experience out of college then move on.
Benefits, Promotes healthy life style, Beer at company events
Ulemper
Inexperienced Managers, Ineffective business strategy, Can't maintain long term customer relationships
Job kultur
You will not work with a friendlier, more talented group of people. The workplace is very relaxed, but maintains a sense of purpose and high-energy, if you can appreciate how those two go together. There are a lot of groups from pilots to cyclists, runners, etc. which lends itself to a very active, healthy workforce. It is also a very young workforce generally. Garmin only suffers as most employers do in that there are no goals set forth for advancement. Management is very detached and it is hard to tell what activities, if any, will lead to promotion or opportunity. The benefits compensate for the lower comparable wage. As a place to work, I have nothing but good things to say.