Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Garmin anmeldelser fra medarbejdere til Product Support

Jobtitel
Sted
Der blev fundet 45 anmeldelser, der svarer til søgningen
Se alle 264 anmeldelser
Job kultur
The job is stressfull by answering phone calls and emails at the same time. Worked 3 years with no pay increase except cost of living. Benefit package was very good.
Working enviroment was clean
Ulemper
Always cold and no pay increase
Job kultur
Handled incoming customer calls for support. Learned a great seal about fitness products. Very structured. The commute. Helping customers solve their issues.
Job kultur
This is a good place to work. The work environment is great and the people are friendly and the teams are more like family. The job has great benefits
Job kultur
I joined Garmin quite a while ago now, and left recently. Most people will say yeh any jobs has its ups and downs, that's how the world of work is, but oh no, not Garmin UK. A ever growing list of products with known issues where you're told to say "nah its not a known issue but rest assured we're actively looking in to this", sometimes leaving customers for MONTHS with a device they paid hundreds of pounds for, which doesn't work properly! And, that's the easiest part of the job! The real kicker here folks is the people you're working for. Your Co workers, great, can have a laugh and chat when you're able. But oh god management. Team managers aren't bad, they do genuinely seem to care about ongoing issues and try to resolve them, but all of this is undone, one rung up the ladder, the lady in charge of the department. You better watch out! If she's had a bad day, and you need help with something, or need to bring something to her attention, she will scowl at you, she will judge you, and she will make you feel small. I can promise you now, if this lady was booted out of Garmin, and they hired someone who upheld the policies that garmin stands for (getting customers back to their passion) then this place would be great. Unfortunately she's been there a while, HR have her back, and will continue to do so. If you're lucky you'll escape in to another department from the wicked witch of product support.
Fordele
Some of the people you work with, free drinks, one hour lunch
Everything else
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Job kultur
Garmin is awful. Awful Pay at its finest. If you wanna make $13 an hour WITH a college degree this is the job for you. They also will overlook you for promotion. They would rather promote their friends oppose to people who actually have the experience.
Ulemper
Everything about Garmin is a con
Job kultur
Garmin Europe -product support- is the worst work place i have ever experienced. With its social clique of managers that pick their new friends to rise the wage ladder, the unapproachable and ignorant product support manager. the awful products pushed out and the revolving door of replacement agents for the last batch of walkouts. The role is high pressure, incoming calls and emails from customers with broken devices that cost them hundreds of pounds with known issues, no known fixes and a string of excuses isn't helped by your team manager constantly cracking a whip shouting "Work Harder!" while simultaneously talking to their friends which they have placed all around them while writing poetry and avoiding any work themselves ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fordele
free coffee (though its awful, but you'll need it!)
Everything else
Job kultur
I have never worked in such an awful place. There are so many things wrong with this company that it's hard to list them all. I won't go into detials about my role as I fear this will get me into trouble but I was in the product support area which is essentially the area where you fob customers off with troubleshooting that doesn't really work! Most devices need replacing but instead they prolong the service so that they don't have to replace. Management is the worse I have seen. A lady who runs the department still thinks it's appropriate to talk to people with very little respect and make you feel very uncomfortable! Yeh this job isn't for everyone as you are essentially being shouted at all day everyday by customers. This is one of the reasons that it should be a fun place to work rather than people point scoring or sucking up! I used to worry about going in, what was going to be said, how I was going to be made to feel! That's not right. This company does all the wrong things! Doesn't pay sickness, doesn't awknowledge when someone is depressed or has perosnal issues, no wellbeing, no vulnerable customers proceed and the office hasn't been refurbed since the office was bought! If you want a job for a few months then go for it, anything more and your either nuts or desperate! Good luck!
Good people!
Management, office, communication
Job kultur
I've been working there as product support technician, but when I've fainted one and only time and I've tried to give SSP form it was not accepted. I've been doing good statistics but my sickness has disclassified my from the role.
Job kultur
Very relaxed work experience at Garmin for the call center positions. Ordinarily, call centers are very stressful experiences and there is a very high turnover rate. That is not the case at Garmin. You feel like you are a valuable part of the team from the get-go. Dress code is very casual which is great. Pay for a summer product support specialist was $13.50 per hour.
Great work environment
Its a call center job.
Job kultur
Garmin is an innovative industry leader. The products are super fun and the environment laid back and collaborative. Leadership is open-minded and cares greatly for their employees.
Great Products and People
Too far from home.
Job kultur
When I began at Garmin, things were very relaxed and everyone was there for each other and the customer. The benefits were amazing, pay was fair, and co workers were fun. Then I moved into a supervisory role and that started out great as well. Slowly however, it became apparent that the management team was completely disengaged with what was happening out on the production floor and became very heavy handed in how they wanted things done. At first, metrics were used as coaching tools. Then the metrics became the entire job and the front line associates felt like they were being micro managed. This led to a mass exodus of quality employees to other jobs in the company or leaving all together. The managers pointed the finger at the supervisors. This eventually led to a complete shake up in the management team, new director, new managers (demotion of previous director and manager) and things seemed to be heading in a positive direction. Unfortunately the current director has a very vague idea of what support should be (as he has NO experience running a customer service organization) and has gone to the opposite extreme. No metrics, supervisors are just supposed to "know" who is doing well by the management standards that change seemingly daily. That also assumes that the manager communicates the change in goals, which in my case rarely happened. My peer and I would find out about changes from others in similar roles and when our manager was asked, he'd respond with "oh yeah, I was supposed to tell you guys that". My manager, like the new director, had zero - mere...
Excellent benefits
Ulemper
Disengaged management, No true advancement opportunities
Job kultur
Let me start by saying the job isn't for everyone, for one it is a high stress role and dealing with the general public on a daily basis can lead to some very complicated situations. Having said this the managers and staff are all very well trained and adept at dealing with the high stress situations as and when they arise. A fun and interesting workplace, all the staff are friendly and are able to have a good time but are also very professional.
Fordele
Solid support system in place
High Stress Role
Job kultur
Garmin is an amazing company to work for! The only reason I would leave is for better pay, more advancement opportunists. Garmin offers more opportunities in Kansas, which is where their headquarters are located.
Job kultur
I enjoy it. It's a group of talented smart people. The company offers great benifits. The daytime hours are great. Overtime is normally an option. It is fast pace and a lot of technical troubleshooting skills are needed. Customer service skills are of essence. Multitasking is very important and an ability to change paths quickly and effectively.
Fordele
Nice people to work with.
Ulemper
Not much room for advancement.
Job kultur
I love the hours, typical 8-5 Monday through Friday job with weekends and paid holidays off. The paid vacation time given is phenominal, as are the benefits. Medical, dental, and FREE vision care. The 401k match is the best I've seen offered so far. Yearly Thanksgiving gift cards and Christmas bonus'. This is how they keep people here, but the pay is not competitive. The yearly raises and reviews are disappointing. We lose great, funny, hard working people due to this. This place was a really fun place to work for when I first started out, but since the company has expanded and there are new people in charge, they are cutting department positions and demoting agents to save money. People aren't the fun selves they used to be. Everybody looks sad, and don't put forth the effort in working, because it has become more corporate. Everybody used to come to work and do their job great, but now managers are micro-managing everyone and it is not fun anymore. The very few fun co workers that are left are what keeps me going, aside from the great benefits.
Fordele
Great benefits. Great work hours.
Poor yearly raises.
Job kultur
Good weight room, good management, Monday thru Friday 8-5 shift that is a set schedule makes it easy to plan childcare. Good work environment, food trucks daily.
Job kultur
Garmin truly values their employees and you can see that in the compensation and perks that the company provides. The job offerings are broad and eclectic, so they are genuinely looking for any and everyone that wants to help the company succeed. the day to day job can become tedious, but the employees are all very invested in the company and each other, so the job is very rewarding. Their is limited room for growth in the Salem, OR, location due to the company's headquarters being in Olathe, KS. More of the available jobs or growth opportunities are at HQ due to them having the facilities for it.
Job kultur
Garmin is a great place to work. They are very good to all their employees. Benefits are great and the job culture is even better. Very easy to get time off if you give an advance notice.
Job kultur
You are well taken care of at Garmin. Relationships are amazing and work environment is encouraging. Training is constant, makes you a better employee.
Product discounts
Time keeping system
Job kultur
Work days can be easy and fun, depending on management. There can be micro management that tends to drive down the morale. However, not all managers are like that. The schedules are flexible which is a plus. Advancement within the company can be tricky, and they often hire externally instead of internally.
Job kultur
The job is easy enough, but dead-end, especially in the Tucson office. They do not put enough focus into customer service, so employees in this field are very undervalued.
Fordele
Discounts on cool stuff, benefits are pretty good
No room to grow