Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Garmin anmeldelser fra medarbejdere til Software Engineer Intern

Jobtitel
Sted
Vurderinger efter kategori
Der blev fundet 3 anmeldelser, der svarer til søgningen
Se alle 264 anmeldelser
Job kultur
Productive and fun place. Would recommend. I worked in the aviation department, but there are 5 departments depending on what your desire is. Most people where I worked where under 30 years old so needless to say there are a lot of young people here.
Job kultur
My compensation as an intern was fantastic, and the building I worked in was very modern, comfortable, infinite coffee, etc. HR were very pleasant people. I shared an office essentially sitting back to back with my supervisor. It was a small box with no windows and those hellish fluorescent lights. I was given a task or two at a time, the location of the software repositories, and the necessary embedded devices to work on. Their C had no clear organization. No modularity. No consistent coding style. Virtually zero use of comments and no documentation. The "documentation" was asking my supervisor for some, to which the inevitable reply was something along the lines of "Oh so-and-so down the hall wrote that. Walk over and ask him about it." or better yet he'd recite some rat's nest of function calls and files to me as canon.
Fordele
Over the top compensation
Ulemper
Technical debt
Job kultur
I enjoyed interning at Garmin. The engineers were friendly and open to helping the interns. I had a fabulous mentor and am still in contact with her. Unfortunately, my manager was fairly sexist and was not respected by the team. Had I had a different manager I think my experience would be better.
Fordele
Flexible schedule, casual environment
Ulemper
Sexist manager
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Vis flere Garmin-anmeldelser