Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Sephora anmeldelser fra medarbejdere til Beauty Consultant

Jobtitel
Sted
Der blev fundet 415 anmeldelser, der svarer til søgningen
Se alle 4.356 anmeldelser
Job kultur
Sephora is an amazing place to work if you want to start off learning about makeup. There is so much room for growth. The senior artist really helps to take care of you and is always willing to answer any makeup related question. It's tough moving from cashier to product consultant though. Holidays have black-out days which means you can no longer request off during those days. There are little to no breaks, especially during busy hours. They offer great benefits like 401k, dental, vision... You get free makeup almost every day but it varies depending on your position in the store. Management got the most product, followed by product consultants aka makeup artists, and cashiers, replenishment, and fragrance experts were last. The discount is only 30% which isn't terrible considering how much free makeup and skincare you get. Work-life-balance is one of their core values although it is hard to maintain. THere is a lot of training if you want to move up in the company. Monthly bonuses are offered if the daily goal is bmet which is awesome. There are two bonuses, apply bonus and survey bonuses.
Fordele
free food from vendors, lots of benefits for full-time employees, free makeup and skincare, discounted makeup, training on products and demos, always something new to learn
Ulemper
little to no break, no holidays off, long hours, standing for entirety of shift, extremely difficult to move up the ladder
Job kultur
Work life balance isn't great, the hours are always different. Management tends to micromanage and have trouble communicating properly. The discount is good, the benefits are decent and you recieve free products often.
Free products
Job kultur
I worked briefly at Sephora in the Stamford mall. Egregious environment that is non-inclusive. Store Director was not supportive and very rude. I definitely couldn’t stay in a hostel work environment that was unwelcoming.
Samples
Ulemper
Bags are checked at door at end of shift like your some petty thief.
Job kultur
Sephora by itself is incredible- but do not EVER work for one inside of a JCP. The management is on the JCP side and the managers for Sephora have little to no control. JCP will always find a reason to fire you if you are not the cookie cutter definition of pretty or conventionally attractive. If your views do not line up with management on JCP- kiss your job goodbye. I adored most of my Sephora coworkers but JCP ruins the experience.
Fordele
Gratis, Hours if you are good
No time off, Clique like environment, pushing JCP cards
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Job kultur
Sephora is great for beauty, skincare, or fragrance enthusiasts. Helping clients is a highlight as aiding people in sharing who they are on the inside with the outside world is an incredible feeling. Gratis is decent depending on store position. Poor management. Management has great sales people but they are impersonal with staff and clients and make it clear the needs of the store and the needs of the workers are not nearly on the same scale of importance.
Gratis, Product Knowledge
Ulemper
Poor Management, Few opportunities to move up.
Job kultur
Company is great, but some retail store Directors only care about how the metrics make them look. It is fast paced on most days, but there are slow days.
Job kultur
I was actually at a Sephora inside JCPenney, which makes you a JCPenney employee, not a Sephora employee. So, this is actually a review for working at JCPenney more so than Sephora. But we were kind of a separate store located inside a store. We had product training by Sephora educators, but first you went through a JCPenney training program to learn the computers and the inner workings of JCPenney. After that, you started in on Sephora videos to start learning Sephora's business culture and "ways" of doing things and some basic product knowledge. Overall, I enjoyed working here, but only because I was in the Sephora portion of JCPenney. I did not like working at JCPenney and ultimately having to follow their rules and store hours. They were beginning to extend their hours more and more. This was my main hang up about working here. I had to work from 3pm to 12am ON Thanksgiving Day!!! Every employee was required to work on Thanksgiving. It was ridiculous! What happened to "Black Friday"? It turned into the Thanksgiving marathon. We were open the entire night! And if you were scheduled between 3pm and 12am on Thanksgiving, you were paid double, but after midnight, back to regular pay. Some employees had to practically work 24 hours straight. They were scheduled to work all night starting around 9pm until 6am and then scheduled Friday to work at like 12pm or 1pm. They also dubbed themselves THE "back to school" store and began extending hours in July and having a big chunk of months that were blacked out for requested time off and then there was like a month before the holiday - mere...
Free products.
Hours of operation
Job kultur
Sephora is honestly one of the best jobs I have had. At my location, everyone is so supportive and our store director always wants to see us succeed in all of our roles.
Free makeup
Hours are low
Job kultur
I never dreaded going into work. Co-workers, customers, education staff were all wonderful and easy to work with. I worked there for about three years and while I grew tired of the same Christmas playlist every year the other playlists always kept me energized and in a good mood.
Job kultur
hardest part was getting people to sign up for credit cards and a beauty insider membership. If a person decline your score would go down . It was cool getting free products and samples
Job kultur
Enjoyable environment.Gratis was awesome. However, it is difficult to move up in the company or at least where I was working. Overall, really nice job!
Gratis, discount
Ulemper
Short breaks, not many opportunities for advancing
Job kultur
I would do it all over again if given the opportunity. It is definitely a great work environment but unfortunately store management is unfair and higher management did not take any action upon receiving any complains. On the bright side, I get to be the first to test new products, always excited about the upcoming new products and black sales, make new friends among colleagues and customers, having a lot of regular customer who comes down to my store just for my service or drop by to check up on me. All in all, I vividly remember my every life in Sephora from the very first day to the last.
Fordele
Get to try new products almost every two weeks and QFC
Ulemper
No work life balance and management was unfair back then
Job kultur
My overall review is an 8. Great place to work.What can I say? I have nothing negative to report. Thanks for asking and you would like working there.
Job kultur
I love to working for Sephora as Licensed Beauty Advisor. I can express my love for make up and beauty and bond with clients. Great place to learn a lot about new skin care and make up products.
Fordele
New friends. Place to learn. Discounts and gratis.
Short breaks
Job kultur
Its a great place to work honestly. You get ALOT of free stuff and you learn something every day. I just dont like that sometimes you might not get hours for the week depending on your role. I am part time but some weeks i might not get a shift at all. I get maximum 12 hours a week, but maybe that was just my store and because of COVID-19 budget cuts.
Gratis
Barely any hours
Job kultur
I worked for this company for two years and this job was my absolute favorite place to work literally my dream job. I trained new beauty advisors and became very educated and I was passionate about my work. Unfortunately I was forced to quit due to poor management. I experienced Managers showing favoritism and gossiping about others to co workers. I also experienced the assistant manager making up lies about me to get me fired from the company because I went to her management and simply asked about how hours were being shared amongst the team. I had to walk on eggshells at work because once I spoke up for myself and tried to understand why I wasn’t being treated fairly and wasn’t given the same opportunities as others, anything I said my words were twisted. I was harassed by management and stalked. Unless the get the trash management out it’s a vicious cycle that’s going to repeat. I can count 3 people that tried to warn me that previously worked here and 4 that worked with me and quit. I was actually pretty close with my co workers and also found out I wasn’t being paid fairly like the rest of the team and I was the Senior Beauty Advisor that helped train the others it was disheartening and I’m disgusted by Sephora as a company honestly I seen potential to grow but after such a horrible experience I don’t recommend anyone work at this location. I was also called weird because I didn’t celebrate the 4th of July. Discrimination, Favoritism, High Turnover Rate and no growth opportunities.
Fordele
Gratis, engaging with clients, fun culture
Ulemper
No growth opportunities, low pay, poor management
Job kultur
Overall fun job, pay should be better Management at my location and staff were some of the nicest and caring people I have met. Staff was truly a blessing. Felt insignificant to the company felt like there was no room to grow regardless of supposed recognition. Good work, fun environment focus on the customers rather than just sales which is a plus if you like relationship building.Letting us go during the pandemic felt like a slap in the face with little offered. No job security and especially since they kept new hires with no training from the locations i'm familiar with and let go of part time employees instead of going by senority and individual proformace.Lacking provided training from most brands that would aid in product knowledge and growth. My location was very hands on though everyone was willing to share their expertise and tips which was extremely helpful. If I had to work with my team forever I gladly would. Management always had their door open for us any time we needed anything.Understanding, caring and compassionate.Sephora values and individual acceptance were a big plus. Never felt like I didn't belong or like my ideas didn't matter. Loved having team meetings.
Fordele
Fun people, learning and individual training encouraged, sense of community and good team work, free product
Ulemper
Low pay, abuse from customers, lack of growth
Job kultur
Sephora was a pretty cool place to work. For the most part I loved all of my coworkers but there was definitely always drama going on. There were lots of days where we would get free food though so that was a plus.
makeup discount
stressful clients
Job kultur
Sephora does a great job at creating a positive work environment. the problem is that room for advancement is limited and selective. the need to work on diversifying internal promotions as well as the brands they carry. a #BLM post isn't enough. i would like to see more of a push for BIPOC advancement in the company at a corporate and retail level.
long breaks, gratis, training
Ulemper
long hours, difficult to advance
Job kultur
Sephora is a great atmosphere with a lot of really great employees. There is never a day where you don't learn something about a new product and helping clients find products to fit their needs is super rewarding.
Job kultur
I acutally really liked working at Sephora despite how difficult it could be at times. They have high expectaations for their employees nd a stricts set of rules and procedures. But overall the company culture and work enviornment were worth it. I love make up and skincare so that 30% discount was a real bonus. The only major issue I had was thaat it was so hard to get time off. If you were sick or experiencing an issue that caused you to miss work you were responsible to find coverage by calling every one of your coworkers and if they couldn't do it you got written up.
Fordele
discount, coworkers, product, company culture
Ulemper
time off, flexibility, strict rules and procedures