Modtag ugentlige opdateringer med nye jobs og anmeldelser

Sephora anmeldelser fra medarbejdere til Consultant

Jobtitel
Sted
Der blev fundet 263 anmeldelser, der svarer til søgningen
Se alle 4.351 anmeldelser
Job kultur
I would suggest someone work here as a seasonal/holiday worker so they have fun, and get out before they have a bad experience. Watch for red flags, enjoy yourself, and learn from product knowledge. Stay away from a manager who has never done someone elses makeup or knows much about makeup! Otherwise have fun!
Job kultur
Great experience. Worked there for over two years. All my coworkers were great and managers were very supportive. There was room for growth and a lot of flexibility
Job kultur
When its good, it’s great. When it’s bad, it’s really bad.Pros: Co-workers were beyond amazing and supportive, anyone catty or mean never lasted long. You get a lot of free makeup and skincare. If you want to grow in the beauty industry and get entry level experience first, Sephora is great. They provide daily training and you can meet and network with so many people and brands outside of Sephora and come in to boost their brands sales. Take advantage of this, someone that interviewed me at another company I actually already was friendly with at Sephora. Even thought a lot of clients can be horrible, you do meet some absolute gems that will make your day.Cons: management is constantly changing. Which means what they expect from you slightly changes and everyone will handle the schedule differently. Managers choose their favorites and will give them every Sunday off yet ignore any of your requests off and only post the weekly schedule literally 3-4 days before the start of that schedule. Customers can be outright nasty and demanding, you need to have tough skin. Pay is lower than other cosmetic company’s for the same role. I worked hard and poured my heart into working there for years and ultimately left after they refused to give me time off for an important surgery (NOT paid time off, I just asked to not work for a week in order to recover) and they gave me an insulting $0.14 raise each year despite my perfect yearly performance reviews. Coworkers will appreciate you, most managers don’t.
Fordele
Coworkers, networking, experience and training, free makeup
Ulemper
Almost all of management is a joke and unfair, the yearly “raises” are an absolute joke
Job kultur
Fun company very organized Good training opportunities to move up High standard Very strict management always watching each and every move High goals/sales targets services and expectations
Fordele
The gratis the people the beautiful store
Ulemper
Being watched like a baby
Bedøm din seneste arbejdsplads
Del din oplevelse for at hjælpe andre
Job kultur
I love working at Sephora , you get lots of perks and it’s generally a fun environment. However as with all retail jobs it’s very demanding and exhausting .
Job kultur
Personal sales goals were given to each employee every shift and were followed up with throughout the shift. Many employees were guilted into working extra shifts and some were even asked to not return to school to continue working in store. I personally felt that it was a lot of expectations for minimum wage. Only full time employees had benefits, and when they were given insurance applications they had to wait 90 days before the benefits became available to them.
Free product
lack of employee benefits
Job kultur
The management structure within the company is filled with redundancy. The stores have 5+ managers for small teams making it difficult for employees. There is a very common toxic culture between employees and mangament that leads to a high turnaround. The expecations for even the smallest positions are very high for low pay. If you don't look at it as your end-all be-all career you will be cast aside.
Job kultur
Sephora is very considerate when it comes to their workers' work-life balance. They were also generous when it came to the pandemic, paying their employees sick-leave.
Job kultur
Loved working here. Made a lot of friends and was able to expand my retail experience and skills. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in the beauty industry.
Job kultur
I love the location where I used to work for Sephora. My manager was a teamplayer and make her staff feel motivated. Sephora rewards staff with products upon completing weekly goals.
Job kultur
Making sure all clients are taken care of I learned how to better service multiple people best thing about it was the people hardest was management giving you false opportunity to move up in the company
Job kultur
Sephora is great for those who want to learn & expand their skills. However, the company puts a-lot of pressure, and a overwhelming work load on us for compensation that seems unfit. We are required to obtain all this knowledge, client service, deter theft, teach and apply makeup, and much more.
Job kultur
I loved working here while I was in High School. Definitely a lot of advancement opportunities! Loved the positive environment. Just watch out for different vibes at different stores.
Job kultur
Great place to work with great people. Sometimes I felt like better corporate decisions could be made on behalf of the employees but the management was great and tried their best.
Job kultur
So I worked at Sephora for 2 years, and overall it was really fun. My biggest issues were that 1. You got in trouble if you didn't wear enough makeup (I understand it's a job selling makeup, but they don't accept wearing makeup to just enhance your features in my experience) 2. Even after I went through training to get CM certified (included getting flown to Calgary for a multiple-day training seminar) and then once I was CM certified, my job responsibilities changed drastically with more duties and responsibilities. This would be fine if they gave me a raise for all of this. Which they didn't 3. They constantly talk about the clients' needs, but in my experience, they didn't care about the customer at all, just the sales. ( Again, I know it's a job selling makeup, but the management would set the client up with an expectation and then tell you over the headset that you can't fulfill the expectation for that client because management has already found you a new client.) This was very frustrating, as I tried to give everyone a great experience, whether they were purchasing or not.
Job kultur
They were an amazing company to work for and filled with lots of chances to develop. Most of the staff are friendly and excited to be there! Very engaging!
Job kultur
Every company has its strengths and weaknesses. Sephora values clients, has great client service, the company always tries to connect with their clientele.
Job kultur
Work life balance is really important! If you’re a parent this job has no life work balance. I recommend working only PT at Sephora and not full-time. Anything can happen when you have children or have someone depending on you.
Job kultur
Your experience at either location is entirely determined by whose butt you kiss and who likes you. If you’re an a** kissing professional and make the management feel like they’re high ranking entrepreneurs and incredible people, you’ll do amazing. You will get absolutely everything you want. The catch is putting up with some leaderships falsely inflated egos... good luck! On the contrary, if you speak up about the l absolute nonsense and unacceptable behaviour you’ll see, consider yourself done. You mind as well just resign. And while you’re at it you’ll be made to feel like it’s absolutely you’re fault, and the reasons you’ll be given are bogus. Things that are personal such as you’re not self aware, or you’re challenging. For example, if any of them read this they’ll automatically think that whoever wrote this is “bitter, horrible, negative, needs help” etc, and they won’t spend one second self reflecting and thinking of the truth to it. You’ll hear some members of leadership talk to people unacceptably, but if you bring it up be fully prepared to have a look of shock staring back at you and a speech about how it was ever meant to come across like that, blah blah. They can behave how they want but you can’t. Remember that. You’ll also see some people get a great work-life balance schedule while you take all the mid shifts and closes, but that’s a treat best saved for if you’re hired. There’s one particular member of leadership you’ll see get whatever they want, talk however they want, and be bff’s with the manager. I’ll leave that one alone and you can just watch it for - mere...
Job kultur
Management only treats their favourites well and everyone else poorly. Your treated like a child that is also in prison for 8 hours a day, and actually referred to as a kindergartener. Disrespectful and hostile environment
Job kultur
I love my job but there have been a lot of management issues that have put a strain on working in that environment. There is also a lot of emphasis on selling but sometimes it is just selling to sell where it should be recommending the right products for your client.